Tanmaya Bingham

brendamaygallery 

I used to think I could demystify, unravel and reveal our dynamics and patterns as humans. The further I go down the creative path the more I realize this is a pointless quest because it is void of mystery. Although we often fear the unknown and unpredictable we overtly or covertly desire its magic.

My artwork's role, whether drawing, painting, sculpture or installation, is to confound and give a different and often macabre perspective on a world that is rapidly becoming homogenized. My motive is to highlight and exaggerate imperfections and unique qualities that individualize us rather then conforming to societal glorification of perfection and beauty.
This creates a platform for the viewer to be in a didactic exchange with himself or herself in order to reevaluate their perceptions.