Benoit Jammes

benoitjammes.com

Paris-based artist Benoit Jammes makes darling art from old cassette tapes. Each precisely cut and painted piece is 100 percent handmade, and, the artist says, "hard work but so nostalgia!" Jammes' cassette tape series includes pop culture references (The Matrix, The Simpsons, Kill Bill), meta fine art tributes (Mondrian), and all sorts of other cutesy themes like: The zoo! And rocket ships! And luxury goods! The pieces are made from recycled cassette tapes including those by Michael Jackson and Ace of Base.

Check Jammes' work here and find additional designs and purchase information on his website. (While the actual pieces are going on exhibit soon and are not currently for sale, signed prints are available).

So I'm a 33 years old graphic designer and live in Paris, France.
This work started the day I found a vintage audio tapes stock at home. As I had nothing to listen to these, then I decided to make art with. It was audio, it will be visual!
I like the nostalgia and funny result of this series, and the reaction it produce on everyone who have been part of the cassette generation.
I sale numbered and signed photographs of the cassette tapes.
You can follow me on http://www.facebook.com/benoit.jammes.artworks